Dedicated to the reproduction of detail in any scale

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knock, Knock.... Who's there??? Jefbo!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Knock, Knock.... Who's there??? Jefbo!!!! on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:48 am

Hey guys!   Razz

Hi all. My name is Jeff Selker. My mom got me building models at age 3. I don't remember if I did anything more than sit by her side as she built the Red Barron Tri-plane & the Cutty Sark. I sure felt as if I had built them. I was hooked and have been a model builder ever since (1963). As a kid I have built every kind of model at one time or another. As a teenager, my love of cars and particularly custom vans had focused me into an automotive model builder.

A fine Artist by profession, I got my start at the age of 15 airbrushing Custom Vans, Choppers & Street Machines for many of the top shops in The Miami area. Later on, in addition to that, I was painting on canvas eventually opening an Art Studio/Gallery on Lincoln Road, South Beach.

When my son was born, I move out of the Studio and the one bedroom apt I kept with my wife into a large house. Now that's when the model building got way out of hand. My son was all of 1 year old and I started to buy kits like crazy remembering how much I enjoyed building with my mom. I went to the place my dad used to take me as a kid, and later I would go from time to time as an adult, Orange Blossom Hobbies. The place was legendary, only to find they were going out of business. I bought like two cases of 1:144 airplane kits something like 50 kits for $35-$40. Most the good stuff, Car kits were gone. Whereas I never stopped building kits, I always had something working. I might not touch it for a month or two and then I would work 3-4 days a week for a couple of months. But it had been a while the last few years so I started working on these planes... my one year old didn't have much interest in watching, but I couldn't stop, next thing I was back to buying model cars again. And finding them at the strangest places, at closeout prices, $4-$5. Well long story Short, I soon had a Hobby room at this new big house, and rooms full of boxes of models. I found a local model car club with great guys as members. My son was an active builder for a while, but eventually discovered skateboards, computer games and.... girls!!!

So I got all these cool model kits...

Somebody's gotta build them!!!Laughing Laughing LaughingLaughing Laughing

By the way, I'm from the old crew here, Glad to be back. I will be posting when ever I can pry myself away from the model desk!!!

View user profile

2 Re: Knock, Knock.... Who's there??? Jefbo!!!! on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:20 am

Kitbash

Admin
glad you could join us Jeff
always a pleasure seeing your skills

View user profile https://kitbashkorner.wordpress.com/

3 Re: Knock, Knock.... Who's there??? Jefbo!!!! on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:38 am

TheWife

Admin
Nice to see you jeff Very Happy

View user profile

4 Re: Knock, Knock.... Who's there??? Jefbo!!!! on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Yea!!!! Jeff's here!

Glad to have you back.

View user profile http://www.fletcher-db.com

5 Re: Knock, Knock.... Who's there??? Jefbo!!!! on Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:06 pm

Thanks you'all, it's nice to be remembered. Very Happy

View user profile

6 Re: Knock, Knock.... Who's there??? Jefbo!!!! on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:43 pm

Welcome back Jeff, you're kind of hard to forget, not too many guys are as into the old Vans as you are! cheers

View user profile http://members.fotki.com/customike/about/

7 Re: Knock, Knock.... Who's there??? Jefbo!!!! on Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Glad to see you back Jeff !!!!!!

View user profile

8 Re: Knock, Knock.... Who's there??? Jefbo!!!! on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:25 am

Thanks Mike, Steve. It's good to get back. I hope I can make the time to be active. Sounds like posting photo's is a little more difficult this time around. But we'll see... gonna try soon.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum