OK, I took a good look at the 392 HEMI that comes with the boat, and thought, man, that's gonna take some work to make look good! So I dug out the 392 HEMI from Revell's '32 Ford 5-Window that I didn't use, and started hacking!
I started by gluing the '32's 392 block together, and gathered all the parts that I thought I would need to swap the old 392 for the new 392...the first step was making the old timing cover fit the new engine.
Next, I took a good look at both sets of valve covers, first up are the new 392's parts...nice, smooth and shiny!
These are the original 392's valve covers, they have the script I want, but they're rippled, so I'm going with the new ones!
The big change to the new 392 is removing the transmission, and transferring the rear section of the old 392 to the new one. This will allow the new engine to mount to the existing rear mount (Hopefully) easily.
I sliced off the entire back part on the old engine, but the only part I really need is the circle that represents the crankshaft, the little semi-circle piece will be pitched.