If you enjoy the aritcles and builds posted here please take the time to register. it lets me know if it is worth it to keep posting information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

If you enjoy the aritcles and builds posted here please take the time to register. it lets me know if it is worth it to keep posting information.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kitbash
Kitbash
Admin
https://kitbashkorner.wordpress.com/

Weathering Powders on the cheap Empty Weathering Powders on the cheap

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:56 am
we have all seen the ads for weathering powders before.

dont be mistaken into thinking they are just used for armor, that are a great addition to any modelers stash.

a perfect example of a common weathering powder would look something like this.....
Weathering Powders on the cheap Boxtop-pigments

now i looked at those and have found a cheaper alternative...

chalk pastels, you can get an entire box for about 5 bucks and it will give you enough variations in colors and shades to last atleast a few years.

here is all you will need
Weathering Powders on the cheap IMG_1144_zps9563a1b0
i really should have doubled the amount of plastic containers but i can always do more later

all in i think i paid about 6 bucks for the pastels and containers

take a pastel
Weathering Powders on the cheap IMG_1145_zps3d1dea2f

you can use normal sandpaper for the next part but i find it much quicker and easier using the dremel sanding drum
Weathering Powders on the cheap IMG_1148_zpscba7a074

sand them down over a piece of clean paper, once powdered, pick out the larger lumps and use the paper as a funnel to add your powders to the containers. should end up something like this
Weathering Powders on the cheap IMG_1146_zps63ff7d1d

cap it off so its air tight and you are in business
Weathering Powders on the cheap IMG_1147_zpseb2f0c78

do as many different colors as you like, some will be exhaust smoke stains, surface rust, mold, dust, and even frost depending on the application

store your stash away until you need it
Weathering Powders on the cheap IMG_1149_zpse36537a4
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum