If you enjoy the aritcles and builds posted here please take the time to register. it lets me know if it is worth it to keep posting information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

If you enjoy the aritcles and builds posted here please take the time to register. it lets me know if it is worth it to keep posting information.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Custom Mike
Custom Mike
http://members.fotki.com/customike/about/

1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 Empty Re: 1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:36 am
Thanks Wayne, it's pretty far along right now, so it'll look like I'm building at a light-speed pace...that's definitely an illusion!

Next up was the clean-up of the frame, only two hours of sanding stick work to get all the little problems fixed! There were amazingly few sink marks to deal with, but lots of excess plastic where parts come off the frame, and of course the regular flash that an old kit like this will have.

I still don't know why this was there, but it was on both sides of the frame....
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck013-vi

It's hard to see in this pic, but there is a very large piece of excess plastic along the inside edge of the frame rail...again, the same on both sides
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck014-vi

More weird excess plastic for no apparent reason...
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck015-vi

This was probably the hardest part to clean up, the diagonal line on the inside of the frame rails. Again, both sides, and it really doesn't serve any purpose that I can think of!
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck016-vi
Custom Mike
Custom Mike

1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 Empty Re: 1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:37 am
The area around the A-frames was fun, lots of time was spent on this area to get it flattened back out. I really hope it's just my kit that's this bad, or maybe I just can't stand it not being right...who knows!
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck017-vi

Out at the back end of the frame, another messy area. It wasn't nearly as hard as the front end to clean up though.
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck018-vi

The left side is how it comes out of the box, the right side is all cleaned up and ready to go. Big difference once it's all cleaned up!
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck019-vi

This time the left side is all cleaned up, and the right side is waiting it's turn...
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck020-vi
Custom Mike
Custom Mike

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:38 am
Whether or not what I'm doing is 100% accurate to the 1:1 doesn't matter to me, I just can't stand seeing all that garbage on a chassis, so I make it look the way I want it to, accuracy be damned!

The front end all cleaned up, I'm much happier with this now!
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck021-vi

Center section all cleaned up....
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck022-vi

And the back end, all ready for some primer!
1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck023-vi
fletch
fletch
http://www.fletcher-db.com

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:39 am
RIP to your friend.

The 65 Chevy step side is my dream truck. Real truck.

This is coming along, is the first picture the final of your build, or his final build? Very Happy
Custom Mike
Custom Mike

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:47 am
Dennis, the first pic is Toney's build, and it was his last Forum Project, but not his last build.

Next, I drilled out the spare tire rim's lug holes. I'm still trying to find a better tire to use that the one that comes with the kit, I don't think a skinny whitewall would look good as my spare tire!

1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck029-vi

1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck030-vi

And here's the cool part, my buddy Sam shipped this Hemi Hydro kit out on the 8th, and it arrived here on the 10th! Two days from Wyoming to North Carolina, the USPS is starting to impress me! I cracked a part of the filler Sam had done test-fitting the interior piece, so it's looking like I'm gonna have to strip some filler off of it and replace it with some fresh filler.

1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck034-vi

1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck035-vi

1965 Chevy Pickup & Hemi Hydro combo - Page 2 ToneysTributeTruck036-vi
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum