If you enjoy the aritcles and builds posted here please take the time to register. it lets me know if it is worth it to keep posting information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

If you enjoy the aritcles and builds posted here please take the time to register. it lets me know if it is worth it to keep posting information.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Custom Mike
Custom Mike
http://members.fotki.com/customike/about/

69 Dart GTS - Page 3 Empty Re: 69 Dart GTS

Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:00 am
Sorry to hear about your Mom Wayne, mine passed a little over a year ago, it's tough.

Great looking color, tell your daughter she's responsible for me buying even more paint now! Nice work on the polishing and foil too, how much do you have left?
Kitbash
Kitbash
Admin
https://kitbashkorner.wordpress.com/

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:25 pm
Custom Mike wrote:Nice work on the polishing and foil too, how much do you have left?

loads left on the foil bud, it is like a 10 inch sheet, i didnt even use 1 1/2 to 2 inches of it on this one.

plan to get some more work in the hobby room this week but prolly wont be able to post up till weds/thurs on my next days off

will also show ya my new spray booth
cya then
Custom Mike
Custom Mike
http://members.fotki.com/customike/about/

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:19 am
New spray booth...I'm jealous, I need one! If you made it yourself, you've gotta share how ya did it..so us cheap guys can build our own! Cool
Rhodes
Rhodes

Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:54 pm
looking real good Wayne.
Kitbash
Kitbash
Admin
https://kitbashkorner.wordpress.com/

Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:03 pm
ok back into the fold

got some of the basic starting interior work moving now

didnt like the kit steering wheel
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0111_zpsonckpy2g

so i will replace the spokes with photo etch pieces
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0112_zpsgi8ripem

i do wish they would include PE rings for the steering wheel itself but since they did not i will trim the ring from the original
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0113_zpssesaqgwi

using a bit of creative bending for the spokes
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0114_zpsyijjuw4w

now to mount the ring to the spokes i set it up in my helping hands and touch each spoke with just a small dab of super glue
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0149_zps28fmjxfp

then carefully set the ring in place
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0150_zpsgvlychyo

while that is set aside drying, its time to do a bit more preliminary work on the interior
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0151_zps883zywvs

the interior floor pan is going to get my embossing powder carpet treatment
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0152_zpskwgpbhcg

i picked up some different fine embossing powder last time i was at hobby lobby, was on clearance for about 3 bucks so..whynot lol
gonna do this one with the colored powder so it is easier to see what i am doing. my adhesive of choice is the floor polish

69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0153_zpswcz5dx6t

put some of the future in a dixie cup
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0154_zpsgbvfcbgf

and brush an even coat over all the areas you want to look like carpet, be careful not to get any on floor mats or seats and also be careful not to leave puddles of the polish as the carpet will not look even
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0155_zpsyqhrajgu

use a liberal amount of the embossing powder , most will go back into the container when we are done anyhow
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0156_zpsnm3o5aov

now i push it down gently with my finger tip to make sure it gets in all the nooks and crannies. then i tip it over and tap the bottom to knock off the excess onto the piece of paper
leaving me this...
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0157_zps4krsiqsv

color doesnt matter as it will be painted over to match the interior. now fold up the sheet of paper to use as a funnel and reclaim your embossing powder.
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0158_zpsfxfnsm6a

little more dine today but i have to cook dinner and get ready to go out with the wife.. cya in a bit

oh yea... forgot the spray booth..
69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0129_zpsnic86w3m

69 Dart GTS - Page 3 IMAG0130_zpsro18vwji

i still have to hook up lighting and exhaust in it but its great for acrylics right now
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum