If you enjoy the aritcles and builds posted here please take the time to register. it lets me know if it is worth it to keep posting information.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

If you enjoy the aritcles and builds posted here please take the time to register. it lets me know if it is worth it to keep posting information.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

71 Cuda - Kitbash

+2
Jefbo
Rhodes
6 posters
Go down
Jefbo

71 Cuda - Kitbash - Page 2 Empty Re: 71 Cuda - Kitbash

Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:21 pm
Our 'Cuda's are so similar yet still different. I need start a thread and post mine as it comes together as well.

That engine has NO chance of making it into that model. I have used the block in one of my 'Cuda builds but bolted (lol) all resin parts to it. funny how they decided a water pump wasn't needed on that engine!

I need to add a divider/compass to my model tool arsenal, I could use less time patching where my #11 jumps the window trim.

Floor looks great.
Custom Mike
Custom Mike
http://members.fotki.com/customike/about/

Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:47 am
Wayne, the seam between the front valance and fender is supposed to be there...unless you decide it needs to go! I'm gonna grab myself a divider, that is a great tip!

And no, that engine will never be there...rust it up and leave it on it's side next to the completed build!
Jefbo

Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:45 am
I went diving through some boxes in my warehouse and found 3 old dividers. Once I got them home I was able to make one that should do the trick. I know I have a few more at the warehouse as I would like a smaller one for working on models.

Yes there is a seam there. I always hated it because it sticks out like a sore thumb on this kit. I wanted to glue it, fill it, and re-scribe it a little more subtly to look more like the real car.

A guy that used to be in our model car club but moved to Atlanta and now is a member of ACME, filled and painted it and it looked so friggin' good. I don't know how he did it because you cant get the chassis in with it attached. Or How would you glue then paint it, (His is show quality) with the chassis already installed. If I ever see him again I plan to ask.
Kitbash
Kitbash
Admin
https://kitbashkorner.wordpress.com/

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:51 am
Mike, i dislike panel lines in general lol
even on the 81 monte carlo in real life i molded in the front nose and the read taillight surrounds because i think it made it look cleaner.
(dont have pics as car is up in Buffalo while i am down in GA lol)

i will find a way to get the chassis in it , one way or another jocolor

Rhodes
Rhodes

Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:19 am
have you had any trouble with that glazing putty shrinking at all ??
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum